Tres Leches Cake




I made this cake yesterday and it turned out very well. I did make a few changes to lesson the calorie and fat content and it still tasted authentic. First I would tell you to read the directions carefully. The cake has 3 parts ; batter,filling and topping. The first 6 ingredients make the batter. Be sure to put only one cup of sugar in the batter not 2. The next 3 ingredients make the 3 milk mixture for the filling hence the name three milk cake. I chose not to use whole milk but used 1% and used only 1 cup along with the other 2 milks. I made the cake in a 9x13 pan not a round pan as seen in the picture. The cake was a little flat but that is ok because as you add the 3 milk mixture it expands . After the cake was done I pierced the cake many times with a fork , all over the cake. You want to make a lot of holes for the milk to saturate the cake. After you pour the milk on , you want to cover with foil and refrigerate for several hours. I chose to use cool whip as the topping instead of the whipping cream-sugar mixture. That cut down on a lot of the calories and was very good. After I covered the saturated cake with cool whip I covered with foil again and refrigerated for another several hours. You want it to be very cold when you serve it. I know this has been long but wanted to share my changes and suggestions on making this cake. Good luck!

Recipe >> Tres Leches Cake @ browneyedbaker.com