Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Cream Frosting





This is a fantastic cake tastewise, but I have had the hardest time assembling this thing both times that I have made it. The reason is that the frosting, even after hours in the refrigerator, softens within minutes of being in room temp. With a 9×13 cake cut into layers, this was probably not a big deal for you, but if you have the 9" round cakes, the layers just slide all over the place as the frosting melts and oozes out the side. The second time I made it, I chilled everything, including the cake layers. When I put it together, it was better than the first time, but I still had to stick some cocktail stirrers in it to hold the layers straight while we carried it to a party. Anyway, it tastes FANTASTIC even if it looks a mess.

Next time I am just doing a 9×13 with a thick layer of jam, berries, and frosting on the top. No layers for me!

Recipe >> Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Cream Frosting @ perrysplate.com